Before going further with the Linksys extender setup process, the first thing you have to do is to access the setup and login page of your Linksys device and extender.linksys.com would be the default IP address. Once you are connected to the Linksys range extender physically and properly, it will prompt you to go to the setup, configuration, and login page.
So, if you want to access the Linksys WiFi range extender web-based user interface, you have to enter the correct login credentials i.e. username and password (default). Once you are logged in successfully, you can take the glance to setup up both basic and advanced settings for your smart Linksys device. Below are some easy to execute tips to access the web-based setup page without any issues:
Note: Range extenders are also known as signal boosters, wireless repeaters, and range expanders.
- Turn on the range extender first by plugging it into a damaged-free electrical outlet.
- Place it near to your existing WiFi router.
- After that, connect your Linksys signal booster to a computer or laptop through an Ethernet cable that supposed to be dust and cuts free.
- Now, into the address bar type the default IP address of your device. If this comes up with an error message, you can go with Linksys extender.linksys.com web address.
- Once done, enter your wireless network information on the setup page and click on “Save”.
- For further information, go through the range extender’s manual/ documentation once to find the login details (default).
- See sticker on the back panel of your range extender to find the model number of your device.
- Use the latest version of internet browser to access the setup and login page of your Linksys device.
- Make use of the router that carries the latest and up-to-date firmware version of technology.
If you are facing issues in accessing Linksys WiFi range extender setup page, then do not hesitate in calling our experts at toll-free 1-844-726-2726. Once you call us, you will experience that all your issues have been solved in a blink of an eye. We are solution partner of Linksys.
Installation of Linksys WiFi Range Extender
Linksys wireless repeaters are most popular networking devices to perk up the existing internet signals coming out from main the WiFi router. The best thing about Linksys range expanders is that their installation and setup process is very easy. You just need to access its login page with a valid username and password (default). To set it up, your Linksys device should be connected to the main router. And router should be connected to the existing and up-to-date modem.
The installation and configuration process of your device has two main methods.
Manual method and WPS method
- Power on your Linksys device. If it is powered off, then you will be unable to access the login page of your Linksys WiFi range extender.
- Make sure that it is placed within the reach of your existing WiFi router.
- Make a secure and reliable connection between your Linksys device and computer or a laptop. Turn it on too by plugging it into a power source. If you found that there are some variations in the electricity like fluctuation, dim, low or high, then it is requested to leave the configuration process of your WiFi range extender.
- After some time, connect it to your private and safe WiFi network.
- Now, navigate to extender.linksys page by opening a relevant internet browser.
- Next, provide default login credentials into the provided fields of the displayed page.
- Fill in them carefully.
- Once done, select the manual radio button and you have to enter security settings that is compatible with your networking router.
- Click on the network you wish to expand and hit on save settings.
Fab! You are ready to use your WiFi range extender.
WPS stands for WiFi-Protected Setup that can be found easily on the side panel of your Linksys device.
Power on your Linksys device and push the WPS button on it.
Once done, connect the smart devices with Linksys Extender Setup-xxx (default network name).
And that’s it. The range extender has been successfully installed using WPS.